- Camshaft lobe seperation theory and advantage/disadvantages.
- VVTI advantages over standard fixed position cam engines
- VVTI Cam noise with aftermarket cams
- VVTI Cam gear noise with aftermarket cams / valve springs.
- VVTI Tuning for best spool and top end power.
- VVTI Tuning for a quiet smooth idle.
Aftermarket Cam Options
- Kelford (T202 is a standard 2JZ cam, V202 is the vvti version. Kelford makes all of their standard cams in vvti grinds as well. Available since 2005)
- GSC (S1 S2 and S3 are available in a vvti option as of 2008)
- Titan Makes a custom Grind 272 vvti cam. As far as I know its made by GSC.
- BC makes 264/272 vvti cams… the ramp rate and half durations are very low. These cams are built for top end power with high duration/lift with low ramp rate
- Tomei makes some small 2jz cams, in between everyone else and stock.